Enterprise MicroFrontends & Module Federation
November 15th, 2021
Are you tired of coordinating deployments with multiple teams? Would you like to be able to ship code at any time without disrupting your users? Would you like to be able to share solutions in multiple applications even if they don’t use Angular? Micro Apps may be the solution you’re looking for.
A Micro App (Micro Frontend) architecture breaks your application into separate pieces that work together seamlessly. This allows you to update and deploy individual portions of your application independent of any other feature. This frees up your teams to completely operate free from unnecessary delays that occur when coordinating large scale deployments. You can also use Micro Apps as a way to incrementally update legacy applications.
In this workshop you will build and learn how to deploy a Micro App-based solution to production. As you build the application, you will learn:
– What is a Micro App anyway?
– The Pros and Cons of a Micro App Architecture
– The difference between Micro Apps and a Monorepo
– Use cases for Micro Apps in Enterprise Applications
– The role and responsibilities of the application shell
– Communicating between Micro Apps and the application shell
– State Management Considerations
– Building Micro Apps with Angular Elements
– Building Micro Apps with StencilJS
– ngx-build-plus, the secret sauce
– Micro App lazy loading strategies
– Design systems and Micro Apps
– Why you should consider a component library
– How to test Micro Apps locally and in a build pipeline
– Deploying Micro Apps to a CDN
– Sharing a Micro App in multiple applications
– What the future of Micro Apps might hold
Attendees should have a solid foundation of Angular development prior to attending. A repo with the sample project will be available prior to the conference.